Dish for Chocolate Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. A classic sour cream coffee cake is given a decadent touch with the addition of chocolate chips and tart dried cherries.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Optional Garnishes:
- melted chocolate or white chocolate
- confectioner \'s Kungroo Airtight Glass Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker Pitcher Pot , 1 Quart sugar
- Preheat oven to 350Â° & Acirc; & deg; F. Grease and flour a 9 \" or 10 \" tube pan with a detachable bottom.
- Integrate filling components, reserved. In a separate bowl combine dry components.
- In a big bowl with an electrical mixer at low speed, beat the sugar and butter up until well mixed, then increase speed and beat for about 2-3 minutes, till fluffy. Lower speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Continuing at low speed, alternately adding the dry component mixture and the sour cream. Mix in the vanilla and beat until the batter is smooth. Stir in the dried cherries.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with half the chocolate mixture. Leading that with half the staying batter, then the remaining chocolate mix (see pictures). Carefully spread out the remaining batter over the top. Bake for about 1 hour and fifteen minutes, or till a cake tester comes out tidy. Cool cake in pan on cake rack for 10 minutes, prior to loosening cake from side and removing bottom of pan. Invert the cake onto a plate and remove the bottom of the cake pan, then right away invert the cake back onto a wire rack to cool completely (the right side will be up).
- If desired, drizzle top with melted chocolate or white chocolate or sprinkle with confectioner \'s sugar.